Discover Lausanne in a different way: cruises, water sports, swimming pools, toboggan rides, forests, parks...
Fancy going for a dip? There’s no shortage of places to do that in Lausanne, with both indoor and outdoor swimming pools giving you an opportunity for a refreshing swim or a chance to enjoy the pools, diving boards and water play equipment that children love so much – unless of course you’re tempted by the rather more bracing waters of Lake Geneva!
Lausanne is a green city with 350 hectares of parks and public gardens:
- Sauvabelin Forest: you can take refreshments on the terrace.
- Denantou Park: come and enjoy the large lawns bordering Lake Geneva and games areas.
- Mon-Repos Park, in the heart of town, play areas, aviary and snack bar in the shade of the trees at the Folie Voltaire.
- Botanical Gardens, next to Milan Park, with 6,000 plant species from around the world. Be sure to climb Montriond hill, a vantage point offering stunning vistas of Lake Geneva
- Treasure hunt between the railway station and Ouchy: an enjoyable way of exploring the Sous-Gare district and discovering delightful walks.
- Foxtrail: Treasure hunt in hot pursuit of the green fox. A choice of two trails, booking essential..