City walking tour
Supported by the City of Lausanne and Lausanne Tourisme, inhabitants well acquainted with Lausanne, will walk you through the centre and the ancient city and help you to discover its history and charm. (English comments according to availability of guides – 1 to 2 hours).
The visits are oriented according to the available time of the visitors and especially to their interests: history, architecture, religious or political monuments, pratical life...
Among the possibilities
- Place de la Palud and visit of the Hôtel de Ville (town hall);
- The cathedrale, one of the tenth most beautiful cathedrales in Europe, its Rose and its painted portal (in 2003, the visit is limited because of the installation of a new organ)
- At the historical museum, it is possible to admire a big model of Lausanne in 1638, completed by an audivisual commentary;
- The ancient city, the castle St-Maire and the "escaliers du Marché" (market's staircases);
- The church St-François, since 700 years an oasis of serenity on an animated place;
- The pedestrian streets and the wednesday's and saturday's market to know the Lausanne's atmosphere.
From the 1st May to the 30th September form Monday to Saturday except Bank holidays at 10 am and 2.30 pm
All the year On demand
Place de la Palud, in front of the Hôtel de Ville
1 to 2 hours
Per person: CHF 10.–, € 8.–
For retired persons, apprentices, students: CHF 5.–, € 4.–
Children under 16 accompanied by an adult: Free of charge
Tel. +41 21 320 12 61
Fax +41 21 320 12 62