BDFIL – Comic Strip Festival
The 12th edition of BDFIL, the Lausanne comic strip festival, will take place in the heart of Lausanne from 15 to 19 September – the first time it has been held over five days. There’ll be a dozen exhibitions, featuring among others:
Two star guests…
- Derib, guest of honour 2016. The first retrospective of a pioneer of the 9th art in French-speaking Switzerland, a passionate fan of horses and Native American culture and the author of Yakari, among others.
- The World of Hergé. mudac welcomes an important selection of originals from the father of the adventures of Tintin, lent by the Musée Hergé in Louvain-la-Neuve.
Exhibitions for young and old alike:
- Catherine Meurisse. The author of the astounding album La Légèreté relates how art and nature gave her new life following the attack on Charlie Hebdo.
- From fondue to… menu ! 38 artists were commissioned to produce a work influenced by casein. Six originals of McCay as hors-d’oeuvre.
- Inside Strapazin and Flower Power? exhibitions. The first is dedicated to the Zurich fanzine of avant-garde comic strips, the second to the emergence of adult comic strips in the 1960s.
- Activities for children, with reading corners, a workshop by silkscreen printer Drozophile and Fabrique Gomez de fanzines, a fanzine factory.
- A mind-blowing OFF scene with new venues on board.
Details of the exhibitions and a list of the featured authors can be found at www.bdfil.ch