Good to know
Three types of parking zones:
- White (with parking disc): variable authorized duration – please refer to road signs nearby.
- Blue (with parking disc): 90 minutes max. Spaces with individual or collective parking meter
- Compulsory parking disc distributed at police stations with route maps.
- In towns: 30-50 km/h (18-31 mph)
- Outside towns: 70-80 km/h (43-56 mph)
- Motorways: 120 km/h (75 mph)
To use the motorways, you must have a purpose-designed tax disc “vignette”, which replaces tolls. This tax disc, available for CHF 40.– from any service station, is valid throughout the current year.
Seat belts are compulsory in front and rear seats.