2. CONDITIONS TO GET THE WELCOME GIFT
Lausanne Tourism offers 2 000 welcome gifts including a bottle of wine from the City of Lausanne, chocolats from the house of Buet and a limited in time worth CHF 100.- in the form of a MyVaud card to clients who meet the following conditions:
– To have booked a room for at least 1 night or more in a hotel between 1. November 2021 and 31. March 2022, located in one of the following cities: Lausanne, Bussigny, Chavannes-près-Renens, Crissier, Ecublens, Lutry, Pully, Romanel-sur-Lausanne, St-Sulpice
– To justify this booking to Lausanne Tourism with a written booking confirmation issued by the hotel concerned. The booking confirmation shall include the name of the hotel, the dates of stay and the number of rooms booked.
– To have communicated the booking at least 48 hours (working days – Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays) before arrival at the hotel.
If the clients cancel their booking, the welcome gift shall in no case be given to them. Assuming that, by mistake, a welcome gift was given to a client who had, even partially, cancelled their booking which implies that the above conditions are not met anymore, the client agrees to send it back to the hotel or directly to Lausanne Tourism.
Lausanne Tourism may refuse to give a welcome gift to a client who violates the terms and conditions or in case of abuse, without having to justify its decision.
The clients who met the conditions must register on the Platform and ask there for the welcome gift. If the conditions are met and the stock of gifts is not sold out, the welcome gift shall be delivered by Lausanne Tourism to the hotel concerned before arrival of the client. The hotel staff is in charge to hand over the welcome gift to the client.
The MyVaud card may be used from November 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022 as a means of payment with tourism providers participating to the action, which list is available on the Platform (restaurant, museum, touristic site, winemaker, touristic transport or hotel). It may be used by the client to pay in whole or in part their bill, with one or more providers, once or several times, within the limit of the available balance.
The client is in no case entitled to resell nor claim for reimbursement of the balance of the card.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent possible by law, Lausanne Tourism excludes all and any warranty, guaranty and responsibility in relation to the MyVaud card or the Platform.
Vaud Promotion has signed a collaboration agreement with the company Boncard, which provides the service and management system for prepaid cards “Vaud à la carte”. Boncard makes every effort to allow a trouble-free and uninterrupted use of the service but cannot guarantee this at all times. It reserves in particular the right to suspend the access to the service at any time in the event of a high security risks or malfunctioning as well as for maintenance work and to temporarily suspend the system in the event of force majeure event or technical failure.
No claim for damages may result from technical failures which exclude or hinder the use of the MyVaud card. Vaud Promotion does not warrant that the Platform shall be available at all times and expressly reserves the possibility to discontinue the Platform at any time without notice
Lausanne Tourism is in no case responsible for the services provided by the providers as part of the use of the MyVaud card. Only the provider is responsible and its own conditions apply to the relationship between itself and the client.
Lausanne Tourism will sent the welcome gift to the hotel before the client’s arrival. Lausanne Tourism shall under no circumstances be held responsible for any late delivery. The welcome gift will not be sent at the client’s home.
5. DATA PROTECTION
5.1 Which Personal data do We collect and for what purpose?
When you ask for a welcome gift and you register on the Plateform, then when you use it afterwards, you agree that We process the Personal data that you share with Us.
In addition to the Personal data described in the Policy, the following Personal data may be processed:
– Last name, first name, postal and electronic address, phone number;
– Booking confirmation for the nights, as well as dates of stay;
– Information concerning the use of the Platform, any information that you may share with Us.
This Personal data is collected in order to provide you with the services as proposed on the Platform.
In this context, your Personal data shall be used in order to offer you other similar offers in the future and to keep you informed through our newsletter, to which you can object at any time by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2 Our Data Processors
We may share your Personal data with people and companies who provide Us with services as Data processors. To date, these include:
– UpSoft, in London (United Kingdom);
– Boncard payment & services AG, in Baden-Dättwil (Switzerland);
– All the providers on the Platform, located only in Switzerland.
6. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION